INFORMATION ON THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
Foss Marai S.r.l. with registered office in Via Prade no. 12, hamlet of Guia, Valdobbiadene (TV), in its capacity as Data Controller (hereinafter referred to as “Data Controller” and “Negoi Pellizari”), issues this information notice to the Data Subject in accordance with the European and Italian regulations on the protection of personal data.
Legal basis and purpose of the processing
The Data Controller processes the personal data for the following purposes:
1) if requested by the User, to allow them to register in the reserved area and to use the services provided for registered users: consent is not required because the processing of personal data is necessary for the pursuit of the above purposes;
2) to allow the User to carry out all the purchase procedures, and also to allow the Data Controller to fulfil all the administrative, commercial, accounting and tax obligations deriving from online sales and, more generally, to fulfil all the legal obligations, as well as to exercise and/or defend their rights: consent is not required because the processing of personal data is necessary for the pursuit of the above purposes;
3) to send by email the newsletter containing information on its products and services, as well as promotions or invitations to events in which it will participate (“Newsletter”): express consent is required for this purpose;
4) to analyse the behaviour, habits and propensity to consume of Data Subjects, in order to meet their specific needs and improve the products and services provided by the Data Controller, also by sending personalised commercial communications (“Profiling”). For this purpose, express consent is required, separate from the consent referred to in the previous points, which is collected through a specific request for the installation of cookies.
For the purpose referred to in point 4) Foss Marai Srl will use automated decision-making processes to analyse:
- the Data Subject's interaction with email messages received for Marketing purposes (e.g. opening pages, clicks, etc.);
in order to activate a communication procedure based on such analysis.
Data retention period
The Data Controller intends to process the data according to the following time criteria:
ü in relation to the purpose referred to in point 1), the account created may be cancelled (and the data subsequently deleted) if the reserved area has not been accessed within the last 24 months;
ü in the case of purchases (purpose referred to in point 2), the data will be processed in order to fulfil all related or ensuing obligations, for the period prescribed by law and in accordance with the period of prescription of the rights arising from the commercial relationship;
ü for the purpose referred to in point 3), the data will be processed until termination of the Newsletter service or the request to unsubscribe, whichever comes first;
ü for the purpose referred to in point 4), the data will be processed for the 12 months following their registration, it being understood that the Data Subject may withdraw consent at any time.
ü In any case, this is without prejudice to further retention for the time needed to settle (however reached) any disputes that may arise.
Nature of data provision and consequences of refusal to provide data
The provision of data for the purposes referred to in points 1) and 2) is necessary and therefore any refusal to provide said data in whole or in part may make it impossible for the User, respectively, to register and make purchases. The provision for other purchases is optional: if data is not provided, Foss Marai Srl will not send any communications for marketing purposes and/or will not carry out profiling activities, but the User can still register in the reserved area and make online purchases.
Categories of recipients
The Data Controller will not disseminate the data, but may communicate them to people within the Company who have been authorised to process them on account of their duties, as well as to carriers/shipping agents, professionals or service companies, as well as to public and private bodies, also following inspections and audits.
Should these recipients process data on behalf of the Data Controller, they will be appointed as Data Processors with a specific contract or other legal document.
Transfer of data to a third country and/or international organisation
In order to send the newsletter, the Company uses the Mailchimp platform, whose servers are located in the United States of America. Please note that the company must refer to standard contractual clauses to legitimise this transfer.
Rights of Data Subjects
Data Subjects shall have the right to request the Data Controller to access their personal data and to rectify any inaccuracies, to erase them or limit their processing if the conditions are met, to object to their processing for legitimate interests pursued by the Data Controller, as well as obtain the portability of personal data only if they have been processed by automated means based on consent or on a contract. The Data Subject also has the right to withdraw the consent given for the required processing purposes, without this affecting the lawfulness of the processing carried out until the moment of withdrawal.
Data Subjects can exercise their rights by completing the form available here and sending it to the Data Controller at the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. The Data Subject also has the right to lodge a complaint with the competent Supervisory Authority, i.e. the Italian Data Protection Authority (www.garanteprivacy.it).